The matters needing attention when maintaining motorycycle control cable are as follows:
(1) The auto control cables should be fastened to the frame with an insulating band. The wires in the cable should not be damaged and exposed copper wires, and the insulation should be ensured from the frame.
(2) Once the cable or wire is loose, it will be dangerous, so clamps must be used to clamp it.
(3) The cables or wires laid and clamped must not interfere with any other moving or rotating parts; the cables or wires must be far away from the engine, exhaust pipe or other high temperature parts to avoid damage to the insulation and electrical failure.
(4) Cables or wires should not be in direct contact with sharp edges and corners to prevent the insulation coating from being scratched or punctured.
(5) The auto control cable should be pulled well according to the line direction, not too tight or too loose. When the wire has to be pressed under a component, be careful not to press it too tightly.
(6) When connecting wires with connectors, be careful not to damage the insulation skin of the wires. Do not use broken wires to connect the cables. If there is no new product replacement for a while, it should be temporarily wrapped with electrical tape and replaced as soon as possible.
(7) After the cables or wires are installed, check whether there are twists or knots, and whether there is entanglement with a part of the steering mechanism. If so, it should be ruled out as soon as possible.
(8) Before connecting wire connectors or connectors, carefully check the terminals and connectors for corrosion. If there is rust, use fine sand to gently wipe off the rust to prevent poor contact.
(9) Because the cable is composed of many thin wires, which are bundled together with insulating tape, the cable is most afraid of extrusion, folding, high temperature, water, etc., which will short-circuit or open some wires in the cable. Otherwise, it may damage the electrical appliances, or cause a fire.